Currently, it is well known that social networks represent a strong channel of communication and interaction between companies and their users. In addition, they are also used as potential customer-generators and even for closing sales to final customers.
Since social networks started, they have grown in their number of active users around the world. By April 2019, these are the numbers (in millions) of each social network according to Statista:
- Facebook – 2320 registered users
- YouTube – 1900 registered users
- WhatsApp – 1600 registered users
- Facebook Messenger – 1300 registered users
- WeChat – 1098 registered users
- Instagram – 1000 registered users
- QQ – 807 registered users
- Reddit – 330 registered users
- Twitter – 330 registered users
* Market leader Facebook was the first social network to surpass 1 billion registered accounts and currently sits at 2.32 billion monthly active users. Sixth-ranked photo-sharing app Instagram had 1 billion monthly active accounts, Statista 2019.
According to Smart Insights, more than three-quarters of Facebook users and half of Instagram users use each platform daily.
SOCIAL MEDIA STATISTICS (From brandwatch.com)
- For context, as of May 2019, total worldwide population is 7 billion
- The internet has 4 billion users
- There are 499 billion active social media users
- On average, people have 6 social media accounts
- The average daily time spent on social is 142 minutes a day
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
- 81% of all small and medium businesses use social platforms
- Social media users grew by 202 million between April 2018 and April 2019.
- That works out at a new social media user every 6.4 seconds.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
- When asked 81% of teenagers felt social media has a positive effect on their lives
- Another study found the effect of social media on teenagers was ‘trivial’
- There are over 300 million photos uploaded to Facebook every day.
- On average, 5 Facebook accounts are created every second.
- Approximately 30% of Facebook users are aged between 25 and 34 years.
- Instagram has over 800 million monthly active users.
- Since its creation, more than 40 billion photos have been shared.
- Daily active Instagram users total more than 500 million.
- On average, 95 million photos are uploaded on Instagram daily.
- Approximately 4.2 billion likes are given every day.
- Most Instagram users are between 18 to 29 years of age with 32% of Instagram users being college students.
One of the services that Infinitus offers you is the creation and management of Social Media profiles in the language of the country you are going to introduce your product, this way we can create awareness and relationships with potential customers and generate strong leads.
Contact us to start working on your Market entry strategy!