Title: Merida seduce tourism for quality of life, greater air connectivity and educational offer
- In the last five years foreign travelers and passenger traffic to Mérida, Yucatan, Mexico had a growth of 65 and 43%, respectively, driven by quality of life, greater air connectivity and educational offer that seduce tourism.
- Airlines such as American Airlines, Italian Blue Panorama, WestJet of Canada, Aerogaviota, Cubana de Aviation and other airlines from El Salvador and Belize have announced new direct routes to Merida, as more and more foreigners come to visit or live in the “White City”.
- According to data from the city of Mérida, there are 64 universities and educational centers that offer degrees or high education (Center in Humanities of the UNAM, IPN Research and Advanced Studies Center, As well as campuses of UVM, EBC and Anahuac).
- The academic offer is mainly focused on medicine and technology
- Hyatt, Fiesta Americana, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn and Victoria, among other hotels have been established in the city of Merida.
- There have been investments close to US$100 million dollar, especially to strengthen the business segment and it is estimated a 50 million dollar investment in the next 12 months.
Source: El Financiero newspaper