Title: In 2017, Spain will have a 2.0% growth
• Spain’s economy continued to perform well in Q1.
• Growth in retail sales decelerated in May, but business conditions in the manufacturing sector improved in June and the PMI hit its highest level in ten months.
• Spain’s growth prospects are stable despite the cloudy political backdrop. An improving labor market should fuel healthy growth this year.
• Our panelists expect the economy to grow 2.8% in 2016, which is unchanged from the previous month’s estimate.
• For 2017, the panel sees growth moderating to 2.0%.
Source: Focus Economics