Today, consumers around the world have access to many products manufactured in other countries.
Among other things, this has motivated individuals to be more demanding and selective consumers.
Chile's economy has remained stable and growing in recent years, which has encouraged consumers to have greater purchasing power.
What does this mean? That in addition to being willing to spend more, consumers want better quality products.
In 2018 Nielsen published a study that reveals that the Chilean consumer prefers to buy local brands when it comes to food (especially dairy products and beer), but prefers international brands in the following sectors:
- Baby products (such as diapers and formula foods),
- Carbonated drinks,
- Vitamins and supplements
- Beauty products
- Personal hygiene products for women.
In fact, only between 7 and 10% of the people surveyed said they preferred local products over international brands in these sectors.
According to Americas Market Intelligence, a survey of Chilean online shoppers done by Chile3D and GfK, indicates that the top-selling e-commerce products in Chile are:
- Clothing (38%)
- Technology products (32%)
- Plane tickets (19%)
- Tickets to events (15%)
- Discount coupons (11%)
In terms of online purchase decision, Chileans seek:
- Good prices (79%),
- Fast delivery (58%),
- Return conditions (48%) and
- Tracking of shipments (48%).
The e-commerce platforms are complementary to the stores, because Chileans tend to review the products online before making a purchase in a retail establishment.
A study by Gfk Adimark recognizes new segments with great commercial potential:
- The new middle class: focused on better consumption standards, increasing their experiences (consumption and travel) and financial stability.
- Adults: 78% of adults have social applications on their phones and 49% of them own a vehicle. They look for social activity.
- Women between 30 and 50 years old: 51% of them declare themselves satisfied with their physical appearance and are not tied to social stereotypes. They look for authenticity.
- Millennials: 80% of them are optimistic about the future; 23% are stressed, 67% are interested in beauty, fashion and personal care; and 45% buy clothes regularly.